We just completed our third and final launch of the year with new features and enhancements for Tidal Automation, Explorer and Repository as well as updates to our pre-built integrations. Download the announcement (PDF) or read about key highlights below.
New Features & Enhancements for the Tidal Platform
Tidal Automation 6.5.9
- Dashboards – Dashboards reflect a new, more modern UI and are an effective reporting mechanism for stakeholders or occasional users
- Pivot Tables have been added as an option for displaying Job Activity data.
- Graphical Views (e.g., PERT chart) can be selected to display in the Dashboard.
- App Switcher is a new UI element that enables users to easily move between the core grid interface and Dashboards.
- Users can customize the color palette for Dashboard elements to suit their preferences.
- Security and Control Enhancements
- Authorization Policies – These policies reduce the administrative burden of managing Tidal access for large numbers of users as you decentralize scheduling tasks to business and application teams. The Tidal Administrator can define a set of rules against AD/LDAP attributes so that an AD/LDAP user logging into Tidal can be dynamically verified, mapped to a workgroup in Tidal and assigned the security policies of that workgroup.
- Shared Owner Policies – Users can be granted access to Jobs and Job Groups outside their primary workgroup. Security policies for shared owners are determined by rule definitions in Authorization Policies.
- Copy Security Policies – A new menu option streamlines the process for copying these policies and re-using or revising them for another user group.
- Policy Management – Agent List has been added as an object for policy management. These policies determine who can name them as well as rules for naming them so they comply with organizational standards. (Existing policy management applies to Jobs, Variables, Description, Calendars, Connections, Virtual Resources, Tags and SLAs.)
- Agent List Enhancements – Additional controls have been added to make it easier to do status monitoring and to enable/disable agent groups.
- Client Manager URL Status Check – Without logging into the Client Manager, you can use a URL to check status of how the Client Manager is operating.
Tidal Explorer 3.1.1
Explorer provides deep-dive diagnostics and visualizations of the Tidal environment so users can optimize resources, operational performance and service levels. This release includes:
- SLA Historical Analysis Improvements Analytics – There are new ways to analyze and visualize scheduling data. The visualizations enable you to better see how the performance of a job(s) is trending over time and identify places where you may need to take action before jobs start breaching their SLAs.
- Gantt View – The graphical viewer has been enhanced with filters and mechanisms so you can control the parts of the job stream you want to focus on.
Tidal Repository 1.3
We continue to invest in Tidal Repository as a key tool for centralized change management of workload automation schedules and calendars. Enhancements in this version of the Repository include:
- UI Improvements have been made based on customer feedback, including:
- How to use search criteria
- Managing administrative objects
- Improved styling
- Consistency of naming for elements in TA and TR
- New administration capabilities are available for moving security policies, authorization policies and shared owner policies across Tidal instances.
Tidal offers a comprehensive set of ready-to-run integrations and we continue to add adapters to support critical enterprise applications.
The following Tidal Automation adapters were announced in our Summer launch and will be GA in the coming weeks
- Azure – Similar to our adapter for AWS, it enables you to manage the Azure virtual machines – create, start, stop, update, monitor, etc.
- Salesforce – There are a number of tools within Salesforce that have their own embedded scheduler. Our integration focuses first on the APEX scheduler for core CRM functions. It supports bulk data movement as well as report/dashboard job scheduling and management.
Enhancements have been made to the following adapters:
- Database Adapters for Oracle, SQL Server and JDBC – ability to redirect output through the adapters to a file or location
- Azure Blob – includes support for Data Mover and variables for adapter events
- S3 – includes variables for adapter events
- Airflow – now has compatibility with newest version of Airflow as well as Google Cloud Composer
- ServiceNow – improved handling of proxy connections and expansion of text field size
- Kubernetes – enhancements to work with AWS and Azure authentication mechanisms
- Web Service – ability to cancel active jobs
Our next launch will be in March of 2022. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more.