Tidal Software is a leading provider of workload automation solutions and services for enterprises around the world that need to manage complex workflows for IT and business processes. Tidal is on an aggressive growth path with an innovative product roadmap, proven technical leadership, an expanding global community of loyal customers and a big vision for the future of digital automation. Tidal is headquartered in Chicago with offices in Houston, London, Minsk, Belarus and Chennai, India.
We are looking for an experienced Technical Writer to join our team, reporting to the Managing Director of Products and Programs.
We have an immediate need for a Technical Writer to join our Product Communications team. The ideal candidate has technical aptitude that enables effective interaction with teams across the organization, including Software Development, Quality Assurance, Product Management, and Sales engineering. Excellent communication skills are vital, as is the ability to deliver high-quality content for the target audience of our customers’ Developers.
You’ll also create and maintain API-related content such as API reference guides, user-focused guides and tutorials. You’ll work with Tidal developers to acquire sample code for inclusion in these documents.
To succeed in this role, you must be an experienced writer of enterprise software documentation who is passionate about learning new concepts, testing end-to-end procedures and clearly explaining sophisticated technologies.
- Bachelor’s Degree in technical writing/communications or equivalent relevant work history
- 6+ years of experience in technical writing, developer documentation and product communications.
- Experience writing programming guides and API references
- Experience working in an Agile environment is a plus
- Familiarity with XML and HTML
- Familiarity with Java or another object-oriented programming language
- Experience writing REST API documentation
- Solid understanding of the software development life cycle (SDLC)
- Previous software development experience preferred
- Ability to learn complex concepts and communicate the information in a way that is engaging and understood by users
- Willingness to gather customer feedback on documentation to improve usability
- Hands-on experience with Jira and Confluence
- Hands-on experience with OpenAPI Specification (Swagger) and JSON
- Working knowledge of the content production lifecycle, with the ability to coordinate all the participants involved in the delivery of documents and content
- Outstanding organizational abilities with a solid understanding of task and project management – must be able to manage multiple concurrent projects
- Builds positive working relationships across team boundaries, with an infectious “can do” attitude, and a willingness to adapt based on feedback and an evolving understanding of the problem to be solved
- Solid understanding of the technology industry with emphasis on enterprise software
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative, develop relationships and interact with all levels in the organization
- Self-motivated and effective in a fluid environment
- Resourceful and efficient problem solver with a strong sense of ownership
- Strong team player with strong communication skills
Nice to Have
- Audio and video production experience
- Graphic design skills
- Paligo experience
- Multi-lingual (e.g., Spanish, French, German)
Apply for this position at [email protected].