Tidal Software is a leading provider of workload automation solutions and services for enterprises around the world that need to manage complex workflows for IT and business processes. Tidal is on an aggressive growth path with an innovative product roadmap, proven technical leadership, an expanding global community of loyal customers and a big vision for the future of digital automation. Tidal is headquartered in Chicago with offices in Houston, London, Minsk, Belarus and Chennai, India.
We are looking for an experienced Support Engineer (Level II) to join our team, reporting to our VP of Technical Support.
The Support Engineer is responsible for providing enterprise-level assistance to our customers by diagnosing and troubleshooting software and hardware problems, and helping our customers install, configure and operate our software.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Taking ownership of customer issues reported and seeing problems through to resolution
- Researching, diagnosing, troubleshooting and identifying solutions to resolve system issues
- Following standard procedures for proper escalation of unresolved issues to the appropriate internal teams
- Talking clients through a series of actions – via phone, email or chat – until they have solved a technical issue
- Providing prompt and accurate feedback to customers
- Ensuring all issues are properly logged and documented
- Prioritizing and managing several open issues at one time
- Following up with clients to ensure their systems are fully functional after troubleshooting
- Preparing accurate and timely reports
- Documenting technical knowledge in the form of notes and manuals
- Maintaining a positive relationship with our clients
- Possible travel
- Proven work experience as a Technical Support Engineer, Desktop Support Engineer, IT Help Desk Technician or similar role
- Hands-on experience with Windows/Linux OS environments
- Database knowledge
- Good understanding of computer systems, mobile devices and other tech products
- Ability to diagnose and troubleshoot basic technical issues
- Familiarity with remote desktop applications and help desk software
- Excellent problem-solving and communication skills
- Ability to provide step-by-step technical assistance, both written and verbal
- BS degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or five years of relevant field experience
- Additional certifications in Microsoft, Linux, Cisco or similar technologies is a plus
- Solid understanding of the technology industry with an emphasis on enterprise software
- Demonstrated ability to take the initiative, develop relationships and interact with all levels of the organization
- Resourceful and efficient problem solver with a strong sense of ownership
- Strong team player with strong communication skills
Apply for this position at [email protected].